Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s theme was a movie freebie so I decided to pick my favorite movies of all time. I’m a bit of a cinephile, so asking me to choose my favorite movies was not an easy task. Honestly, it was probably harder than asking me to choose my ten favorite books. But I finally managed to do it! So without further ado, here are my favorite movies of all time!
1. THE DEPARTED – Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, and Mark Wahlberg? With Boston accents? In a film about the Irish mob and modern day gangsters? Yes, please!
2. BLACK HAWK DOWN – I’m not gonna lie, the first time I watched this movie was solely because I was going through my Orlando Bloom phase and he was in it. It only took one viewing, however, for it to quickly become one of my favorites. The cast for this movie is just as awesome. In addition to Orlando Bloom, we have Josh Hartnett, Ewan McGregor, Tom Sizemore, Eric Bana, Hugh Dancy, and Jason Isaacs. It’s also the movie that launched Nikolaj Coster-Waldau’s U.S. career, as well as Tom Hardy’s first movie ever. Warning: Be prepared to cry.
3. PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN – When I say that I know every line in this movie, I mean I know every line in this movie. At one point in high school, my bedroom was even pirate themed. My walls were completely decked out in Pirates of the Caribbean memorabilia: posters, magazine covers, newspaper clippings, you name it.
4. MULAN – This is absolute favorite Disney movie. I love this movie so, so much. Mulan is one of my favorite heroines. I used to dress up as her as a kid for Halloween every year. One of my goals in life is to finally write my novel, which is inspired by Mulan.
5. MIRACLE – For a hockey player, this movie is essential. You watch it before big games, memorize all the lines, and recite them like they’re quotes from the bible.
6. JURASSIC PARK – There are two movies that are my go-to’s when it’s rainy or dreary outside and all I feel like doing is spending a lazy day inside on the couch. This is one of them. The other one is Twister if you care to know.
7. SHE’S THE MAN – Another movie that I can quote from beginning to end. There are even little things that I say all the time in real life that I didn’t even realize I had originally gotten from this movie.
8. ANASTASIA – My love for this movie fueled my obsession with learning everything there is to know about the Romanov family when I was younger. If this was a Disney film, Mulan would have some serious competition. Somewhere, my mom has a cassette tape of me singing “Once Upon a December” when I was really little, which I hope never surfaces.
9. DIRTY DANCING – This movie is a classic. I actually never used to care for it until I got older, and now it’s a favorite. I don’t even have a particular reason for really loving it, I just do.
10. STEP BROTHER – I don’t care how silly or ridiculous this movie is, I love it. I laugh so hard every time I watch it. My brother and I do the entire bedroom whispering argument between Dale and Brennan, word for word, all the time, much to our mother’s chagrin.
What are some of your favorite movies? Are any of them on this list? Comment and let me know!