Hello everyone! I took a brief pause from blogging for a few weeks to take a much needed break. Sometimes life can become overwhelming and with everything else going on in my life, unfortunately I haven’t been able to read or blog as much. Now that it’s a new year, I am anticipating being able to be more active! I’ll be starting classes again this week and so I dropped my hours at work. Hopefully, this will lessen the amount of stress and increase my ability to have some time for myself!
- REVIEW: Ever the Hunted – I was less than thrilled with this book, which followed the same old, same old YA formula and cliches.
- Book Traveling Thursdays #4
- REVIEW: Royal Bastards – I was approved for an ARC through NetGalley and this seems to have pretty decent reviews so far, but I haven’t made enough progress to form an opinion yet, one way or another.
- REVIEW: Bull – Another ARC I was approved for through NetGalley. It’s a modern retelling of the Minotaur, and it looks like it’s a fun, light read and I’m really looking forward to it!
- Top Ten Tuesday: Prettiest Books on My Bookshelf – This week is a freebie so I decided to do something fun!
Hey everyone! I haven’t posted anything in a while so I figured I should at least write a post updating you all on why I’ve been absent recently.
I left for vacation last Wednesday and won’t be back until the 13th! This actually couldn’t have come at a better time: we’re really short staffed at work so I’ve been very stressed out and exhausted in the weeks leading up to this vacation. While I’m away, I’ll be able to relax and have more time to read and write reviews.
This past weekend, my brother finished his basic military training and graduated from the Air Force! We were in Texas for his ceremonies and were able to spend time with him, both on and off base. It was his first time in eight weeks being off base and around civilians so he was pretty excited as well! I’m so proud of him and all of his hard work and I can’t wait to find out where he’ll be stationed after he finishes his tech school.
- REVIEW: A Torch Against the Night – This was one of my most anticipated reads for the year and I have lots of thoughts to share. I’m also excited to see what everyone else thought of the second book in Sabaa Tahir’s series.
- August Wrap-Up
- REVIEW: Gilded Cage – I was approved for an eARC through NetGalley and from the other early reviews I’ve read, this looks very promising!
- REVIEW: The Thousandth Floor – First of all, that cover is gorgeous. From the excerpt I read earlier in the year, it seems like a pretty interesting read as well.
- Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Historical Fiction – I’m really looking forward to this post! I can’t wait to share and gush about all my favorite books in this genre.